Nowadays, Total AV is a promising antivirus program. It has had its ups and downs but is currently advancing. The early versions were very poor and caused quite a discussion. However, the developers decided the software is here to stay. So, they took into account reviews from users and experts and improved the protection. Let’s take a look at the modern-day Total AV review and find out if it’s a reliable antivirus now.
A Brief Overview of the Program
Firstly, Total AV uses the SAVAPI anti-malware engine. It means high-quality protection for any device. Also, you can now add this antivirus to Windows, macOS, iOS, and Android devices. Keep in mind, that smartphone versions of the software are very limited. They mainly add some protection to online browsing and have some optimization tools.
Secondly, the program has a few extras in addition to the core protection. They include a personal firewall, identity protection tools, a disk cleaner, a system boost, and some other utilities that secure smooth performance as well as safe browsing.
The program is developed like a complex solution that shields your device from all kinds of online threats.
Security Measures Worth Mentioning
- Reliable anti-malware SAVAPI engine removes all kinds of viruses, adware, spyware, and other threats.
- The scanning options include manual scans. It’s very easy to set up the scan you want by adjusting the settings.
- Web protection is also a part of antivirus. Using this antivirus, all the sites you visit are scanned for threats and blocked if any suspicious activities occur.
- The antivirus has good anti-phishing tools. Most phishing sites and some similar scams are blocked to prevent mishaps.
- Anti-spyware tools were added to block all threats that aim to steal your personal information by spying on you. Whatever you type (banking data, passwords, etc.) is safe from hackers and cybercriminals.
- Real-Time Protection is a relatively new feature here. It implies that the antivirus runs in the background and monitors your system. Unlike some tools that remove the virus on your PC, this feature prevents it from getting to your device in the first place.
- A Password Manager and a VPN are a nice addition to add another layer of protection to your computer. They are convenient and simple tools that keep your data from third-party sources.
What does the Total AV offer?
The question, however, is whether the software has anything else to offer.
This antivirus includes a pre-installed Ad-Blocker and a Safe Site tool. Let’s get to know more about them.
Ad-Blocker is a separate utility or browser extension. Users can add a free or a premium version in the settings of their browsers regardless of the antivirus they have. However, Total AV took care of that and integrated this tool in the antivirus. Now a user conveniently gets it as a part of the bundle for free.
Another tool is a Safe Site. This utility asks the search results and sends warning messages in case you try to open a suspicious or unreliable website. It works as a part of the software meaning a user may keep using the preferred browser.
All in all, Total AV may not be the best antivirus in the market. However, it deserves your consideration and attention. One program delivers complex protection with the help of numerous tools and utilities. They prevent all kinds of malware like viruses, spyware, adware, etc. from getting to your device and stealing/corrupting your data.